Saturday, September 6, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
And here it is, add shrimp and serve over rice. Go ahead and use brown rice if you are not a white rice fan, either way it tastes super good. Make sure you have a lot of hot sauce and garlic bread on hand.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
I am always amazed at what Bugaboo Girl remembers for her daily experiences. One that sticks out is from vacation.
Robin "You went swimming in Maine with Bob and Gayle, did you have fun?
Bugaboo Girl has one finger pointed to her shirt and says "suit!"
Robin "You wore your bathing suit!"
Bugaboo Girl then puts her hands on her hips and proceeds to say "Diape"
Robin " You didn 't wear a diaper when you were swimming, that was wonderful!"
Needless to say that was a memorable experience for her in Maine, and seems to be working toward the potty training now! She has started to tell me when she needs a new diaper and going on the potty, yea!
This weeks book review is Good Night New York City by Adam Gamble and Joe Veno. I especially like this book since my Uncle Mop and Aunty Mip live in New York and they gave this book to me.
The book starts out with a "good morning", a picture of a big boat, mommy says it carries cars across the water, and a big lady standing in the water. Then it takes you on a wonderful journey seeing so many fun things about the big city! I can't wait for mommy to turn the next page to see where the children are at next.
From the ground at a big park to the sky where there are big buildings, New York has so much to see and do. When we get to the afternoon in the book, I get to look at really neat pictures, big animals and one of my favorite foods, the hot dog!
At the end of the day, I love looking at the people dancing on a big stage and on water that what mommy says is "so cold"! I don't want to say good night because then the book has to end!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
There are so many T Shirts on the market for children, and we all see the same old designs. I find myself looking for something different, cute and many one of a kind to give as gifts. I have found that shirt at Off the Peg, an Etsy store of course!
Ebony works in the design industry and this is her own little store where she can show her creativity. The shirts are bright colors with simple designs. The stitch detail is wonderful and the patterns chosen to make the design stand out nicely! For a custom look, you can have your child's name embroidered on their T shirt, you can't get that at Old Navy or Gap Kids!
There are also baby onsies that offer sweet designs. I love the Elijah the Elephant that has the hand stitched tail and the red ears, what a great unique baby gift!
Off the Peg has graciously offered a T Shirt of your choice! See rules below.
1. Go to Off the Peg and take a look at he wonderful designs. Post a comment on this post about which design you would like if you won.
2. US addresses only, one post per person, please make sure you leave an email address!
3. EXTRA CREDIT!! Blog about this giveaway linking both Off the Peg and Life is like champagne. Post a separate comment on this post linking your blog post.
4. EXTRA CREDIT!! Subscribe to my email feed and post a separate comment on this post that you did this!
5. Contest ends midnight 9/9/08 with the winner announced 9/10/08. Prize must be claimed within 72 hours or will be forfeited.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
S o you have a backpack that is plain, simple, you love it but you really were thinking about getting a new one for the start of the new school year. How about adding a few accessories to bring it up to date and make it fun? This is where PakNak can add a little life to your bag.
PakNak is a small company started by two moms who had a vision to make accessorizing fun! Naks are cool interchangeable adhesive based accessories to decorate personal items such as backpacks, lunch bags, binders. Kids can bling up their bags and exchange them between each other or just change them to match their outfit or mood of the day!
I can see the possibilities for the use of these Naks are endless, going beyond the backpack to craft use and decorating. Add one to a gift bag or attach a few to a three ring binder. I love the idea of taking a simple head band, attaching a Nak and being able to change the Nak to match the outfit!
I love the various choice of designs from sports, flowers to cute characters! Check out their new designs that are 100% recycled plastic!
PakNak is celebrating it's First Anniversary! You have a chance to win four Naks for 3 winners! See rules below.
1. Visit PakNaks and look around at their assortment of fun accessories. Comment on this post what your favorite designs are and what you would put them on!
2. US address only, one entry per person, make sure you include an email address.
3. EXTRA CREDIT!! Make a separate comment on this post if you blog about this giveaway linking both PakNak and Life is like champagne. Include the link on your comment.
4. EXTRA CREDIT!! Subscribe to my email feed, make a separate comment on this post stating you did this.
5. Contest ends midnight 9/8/08, with the winner announced 9/9/08. The winner has 72 hours to claim the prize or it will be forfeited.