Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
jenny who stated "wow i love to win this i love stoneware its really great stuff and well i love to get a blue spoon rest if i can get it thanks"
Congratulations and please email me your mailing address.
- Give me Cookie recipes
- Ideas for the swap party
- Have you done this before
- What worked and what did not
- Did you print out recipes or did you offer blank recipe cards
Please give me your input and ideas. For the cookie (which can be also a bar cookie), I would love to put all the recipe suggestions up for a vote and feature it on Champagne Food Friday.
My mother is a great scout of unique and fun tea towels. She has a collection that is so nice, you would think that she never used them, except for display. She actually does use them, but just keeps away from the tomato sauce! Looking through Etsy, I happened upon Flying Rhymes Tea Towels who makes sweet hand printed tea towels.
You know you cannot have enough tea towels, it seems you run out during holiday or large family dinners. Not to mention, have a few out that look nice in the kitchen. Flying Rhymes Tea towels are 100% cotton with block print and hand embellished details. I love the simple look of their designs such as the Grassy Tea Towel. The colors are bright and the designs are fresh. To me, Tea towels are such an easy gift to anyone whether it is a birthday, wedding shower or house warming gift. When it is a hand painted, hand made tea towel, it is a unique gift that will always be appreciated.
Flying Rhymes has offered up the Grassy Tea Towel for one winner. See rules below.
1. Stop by Flying Rhymes to check out their wonderful tea towel selection. Post a comment on this post which design you like.
2. One comment per person and please leave your email address for contact.
3. EXTRA CREDIT!! Be a NEW subscriber to my email and post a separate comment that you did so.
4. EXTRA CREDIT!! Blog about this giveaway linking both Flying Rhymes and Life is like champagne. Post a separate comment on this post with the link.
5. Giveaway ends 11/13/08 with the random winner announced 11/14/08. All prizes must be claimed within 72 hours or will be forfeited.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Carol who stated "I love her shop! I especially like the rooster tags."
Congratulations and please email me your address asap.
Bugaboo Girl has been going to swim classes with me since she was 6 months old. She loves the water and I am constantly scouting for new bathing suits all seasons of the year! My biggest dilemma is packing everything in a bag for both her and me to get changed at the YMCA. I was using a plastic bag to throw our suits in after being in the pool. Not always the best way to deal with a wet suit in a diaper bag. One night scouting around Etsy I found a Monkey Foot Designs, a small WAHM mom who has come up with a bag that solves my problem!
Kris is the designer of the Wet Bag. What is a wet bag? It is a bag that you can not only use for a wet bathing suit but also for diapers, gym clothes or anything you want to keep contained from anything else! The bags have a ProCare inner lining which is machine washable, dryable and has a high protective barrier often used is medical and diaper products. So it keeps that wet suit contained in her bag instead of leaking in your bag! Wow, why didn't I think of that! The wet bag has a very strong zipper with a 12" long snap strap perfect for hanging off of another bag or a stroller. I love the fact I have more room inside my diaper bag by not having to put my wet suit in it and worry about it leaking.
Monkey Foot Designs definitely has attention to detail with all of the seams sealed in the wet bag and her choice of cotton fabrics are beautiful! The prices are right on the money for such a quality handmade piece with the small 9x11 bags starting at $16! This would be a wonderful shower gift, unique and guarantee no one will duplicate this one!!!
Monkey Foot Designs has graciously offered up a small wet suit bag of your choice! See rules below.
1. Stop by Monkey Foot Designs and check out her wonderful wet bag designs. Post a comment on this post which design you would like.
2. US addresses only and please leave an email address for contact.
3. EXTRA CREDIT!! Be a NEW subscriber of my email and post a separate comment on this post that you did so.
4. EXTRA CREDIT!! Blog about this giveaway linking both Monkey Foot Designs and Life is like champagne. Post a separate comment on this post with the link.
5. Giveaway ends midnight 11/12/08 with the winner announced 11/13/08. All prizes must be claimed within 72 hours or will be forfeited.
I am a James Bond fan, dating back to being a child, sneaking my tiny TV with rabbit ears on to watch the the James Bond movie after my bedtime. I find myself watching them still, excited to see the Bond marathons on which lead up to the ultimate time.....the release of the new movie.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Kellie over at Ladybug Soup has tagged me so I am going to play along.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
And here we go!
- Potato Chips are my favorite snack food
- I love Frank Sinatra
- I am a die hard New York Yankee fan
- I am a bird watcher
- James Bond and John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, can watch all of their movies.
- I am horrible at taking the time to read a book, would rather knit.
And here are the people I have tagged. Stop by and check out their blog sites!
Have you ever walked into someones home, smelling a scent that takes you back in time to when your mother baked banana bread or when you had caramel apples as a child at Halloween time? I know this has happened to me and I have found myself asking "Is that a candle you are burning?". I found this scent and sensation with AJ's Country Cottage candles, an Etsy shop of course!
Have you ever smelled the flowers on a Hawaiian Lei? Plumeria is one of the popular flowers used and the scent is unforgettable. AJ's Country Cottage has the Plumeria Candle that takes me back to my time I spent in Hawaii, smelling the plumeria trees throughout my apartment complex. When the sun hit them just right along with the breeze blowing your way, the sweet smell is unbelievable! AJ's Country Cottage candles have an average burn time of about 60 hours and have lead free wicks. The look is also very appealing with soft colors and package in very quaint mason jars. AJ's Country Cottage also offers soy candles made from pure clean burning soy wax. Check out their Holiday Soy Candle variety with scents such as Egg Nog or Cranberry Spice.
AJ' Country Cottage has offered up to one winner their choice of 8oz Soy candle in a mason jar. See rules below.
1. Stop by AJ's Country Cottage and check out all of their wonderful candle scents available. Post a comment on this post which one you would like to try.
2. US addresses only and please leave your email address for contact.
3. EXTRA CREDIT!! Be a NEW email subscriber and post a separate comment on this post that you did so.
4. EXTRA CREDIT!! Blog about this giveaway linking AJ's Country Cottage and Life is like champagne. Post a separate comment on this post with the link.
5. Giveaway ends midnight 11/11/08 with the random winner announce 11/12/08. All prizes must be claimed within 72 hours or will be forfeited.
The process ran very smoothly, and I was surprised at how many people we had filling out a provisional ballot. Voters were very patient, the poll workers were awesome and the day went by with very few flaws. We only had one minor incident with a mother who brought in her child who had candidate stickers all on her jacket. I had to ask she remove the stickers, no political campaign items within the voting area. She was not happy and had a few words but in the end, all was fine.
If you have not worked the polls for an election, I would suggest you give it a try. No party lines involved with working, it is all for the common good of the process. I have made some wonderful friends and look forward to working with them every election. You also get to see the process in action and realize what it takes to make it smooth and easy for everyone. It is usually an all day affair but seems to go by fast.
My big issue with the process is the Presidential Ballot and the right to vote with a provisional ballot. ANYONE can request a Presidential ballot and will be given one without any investigation. This means that you can vote absentee in one town and get a Presidential ballot in anther town, causing a double vote to occur. Where would this most likely to happen? College towns would be a big target. The other issue that anyone can walk in and vote even if you are not on the voter list by provision ballot, of course with an investigation. This pretty much makes the deadline for voter registration null.
As for the election itself, for either political party to be President, this will be the worst term for them to be in office. If you really think that we will pull out of this mess in four years, you are blind. We need checks and balances, which may not be in this administration. Where is the accountability? You have the next election to look forward to on this.
If you did not know, I am Republican, I am a stay at home mom(SAHM)and I do not always vote the party line, but still follow my values along with the party. I generally do not post my political views on this blog, but since this is an incredible process, a privilege and of course a right to cast our vote, it is as much of my right to voice my opinion. I do not hold party affiliation against anyone and know this is what makes the process work. You might not think so but being registered in a political party gives you more choice than no party at all. I believe in less government in our lives with more power to the people. I believe in the electoral process and now I am ready to see what the first 100 days brings us. God bless America and I am always proud of my country.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Carol who stated "Definitely the democrat bib for my new niece/nephew that's on the way! I hope you won't hold that against me :)"
Congratulations and please email me to confirm your address.
I found my one big issue with diapering was always the wipes. I would buy the bulk packs of diaper wipes at Costco, and be completely stuck on how to use them in a diaper bag since they were so big. Some of the name brand wipes came with a travel compact case but I was always looking for my most bang for the buck being on a budget. If I had only known about Chubby Baby wipe cases that put the fun into a everyday essential item!
Baby wipes are such an everyday essential item that we seem to think we do not need something to make it pretty and stylish. Chubby Baby wipe cases does just this by not only using stylish fabric but detailing them with trim and padding. I love the added touch of an elastic to tuck a diaper in for a quick on the go. This unique item is something I can say "wow, why didn't I think of that!". For a new mom, the Chubby Baby wipe case would be not only a useful gift but a unique one at that! Everyone will be asking where you got this wipe case and the fact it did not come in the economy wipe box!
Chubby Baby has offered to one random winner a wipe case design of their choice. See rules below.
1. Pop over to Chubby Baby and check out her wonderful products she offers. Post a comment on this post which wipe case design you like.
2. US addresses only, one comment per person and please leave your address for contact.
3. EXTRA CREDIT!! Be a NEW email subscriber and post a separate comment on this post that you did so.
4. EXTRA CREDIT!! Blog about this giveaway linking Chubby Baby and Life is like champagne. Post a separate comment on this post with the link.
5. Giveaway ends midnight 11/10/08 with the random winner announced 11/11/08. All prizes must be claimed within 72 hours or will be forfeited.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
In case you missed SNL last night, their opening skit was pretty good. I can't seem to tell if Palin is real or Tina, always a great impression. The link is below.